One of the most enjoyable parts of our trip to France was the many spectacular meals we ate. It is hard to find the words to describe how delicious the meals were. I’m not even sure that – divine – does them justice.
Here are a few images from one of those very special meals we had the pleasure to receive while at Le Vieux Logis Inn in the village of Tremolat. Tremolat is a small village in southwestern France. Situated on the banks of the Dordogne river, this picturesque village is very popular with tourists although the village itself remains unspoiled and not the least bit commercialized.
Here are the courses we were treated to:
- Crème brulee au Foie Gras
- Tartare de Saumon
- Crème aus Noix
- Tomates, Salicornes et Palourdes
- Le Boeuf Tarte aux Girolles et Bearnaise
- Gelee au Porto et Poire
- La Fique Rotie (which was done in an emulsion of balsamic vinegar and a honey glaze)
- Les Fruits Rouges in jelly with a selection of red sorbets in hibiscus
Praline Aux Noix.
I wish there was some way to share the flavours and exquisite taste of this meal.