We get rave reviews at Hidden Valley Bed and Breakfast from guests at the breakfast table, and online, about our pancakes. So we thought you’d enjoy having the recipe for yourself!
Have fun by adding different flavourings (raspberry/dark chocolate, or banana/nut etc.). Let us know how the recipe worked for you.
2 organic eggs
2 C buttermilk
4 TB unsalted butter, melted
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
2 C all-purpose flour
2 TB sugar
2 tsp organic baking powder
1 tsp organic baking soda
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Break eggs into medium-size bowl, beat on low until frothy.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla, and beat again until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a whisk, gently blend the dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Using a whisk, blend well. Do NOT overbeat/overblend. Your goal is to get all the flour mixed in. You may have a few lumps. That’s fine.
- Heat lightly greased griddle to medium-high heat.
- Add flavouring if you’d like (I often use raspberries and dark chocolate—go light on the chocolate).
- Let batter sit for about 20 minutes. The batter may thicken considerably. If this happens, add 2TB of buttermilk at a time and mix in gently. (You do not want to overbeat your batter.) Do not pour in too much buttermilk at one time, or you may make the batter too runny. You want to be able to pour the batter, but you don’t want it runny.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto griddle for each pancake. I use a small ladle.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4-6 minutes.
- Flip pancakes, and cook until the undersides are golden brown (about 4 minutes).
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes approximately 14 pancakes.